Each year the Theatre Association of SA recognises a member company (or individual member) that has made a significant contribution to top quality, non-profit theatre for the love of theatre. They will have demonstrated passion and dedication, achieved high standards through best practice and enjoyed creative success.
An independent judging panel will determine the Award Recipient who will be presented with the award at the Adelaide Theatre Guide Awards ceremony each September.
In addition to a trophy, there is a cash prize of $500 and one year's membership to TASA.
The aim of the award is to promote the quality of non-profit theatre in South Australia, and to show support to members of TASA.
- Demonstrate high standards, dedication and passion as well as outline critical, artistic, social or financial success in the period 1 July to 30 June.
- Not have won the award in the previous year.
- Be an active Group Member of TASA or Individual Member of TASA for at least one year prior to nomination.
- Any Group Member or Individual Member of TASA can propose nominations.
- Self nomination is allowed. I.e. a member group can nominate itself.
- Nominations must be on the official nomination form signed by a proposer and seconder.
- Nominations must also include a formal statement addressing the judging criteria to explain why the nominee deserves the award.
- Nominations should be based on the period July 1 of the previous year to June 30.
- Nominations open at the TASA AGM in February.
- Announcements regarding the nomination form and criteria will be made by email to all members, on the TASA website, Facebook page and in Encore magazine.
- Completed Nomination forms and statements must be received by mail by June 30.
- The TASA Committee will select a short list of entries for the judges.
- A panel of three judges (two experienced and independent judges plus one TASA committee member) will determine the Award recipient. Their selection process may involve a short interview with the proposer of the nomination to assist with their decision.
The judges will be looking for
- Evidence of high standards and adopting best practice
- Examples of dedication and passion - working to the best of ability with no expectation of reward
- Evidence of effectiveness and critical, artistic, social or financial success
- A creative and innovative approach
- Evidence of positive feedback from audiences, cast/crew, reviewers etc